Monday, June 27, 2011

Stitch a Card

We still don't have any idea where to go for our summer vacation. Think, think, think. Sigh! Honestly, I'd rather stay home because it is burning outside. We have to go shopping at night because sunblock isn't working. Tending and weeding in our yard garden need to be done at night too. Whew! Still, I'm in love with Texas! Because of all the craft projects I have minus the cross stitch ones, I think I choose to stay home (for now). 

I was longing to have a quick stitching project so I opted on starting my card collection. 

I got busy last Sunday. I finished "An Owl" design. Quick and nice... but not easy. There were a lot of fractional stitches plus back stitching. I call this kind of project a diversion from the big stuffs I am working on. Stitching little things puts me back on track on my goal which is... enjoying my work. There will be other small projects coming for my cards. I am really happy with the result. 

Happiness is ten-fold because of this magazine, Enjoy Cross Stitch. Not only are the designs beautiful but I also got a lot of freebies. I have used some of them for the owl card project including the needle. Of course I am planning to use all of them for the cards. 

I would like to show to you the progress of my First Snow cross stitch. 



In my previous blog (One Down ), I mentioned to you about this project. Lookie! This project is tedious but I know it will be worth it. So now I will be picking this up and enjoying my itch. Wish me luck!

Happy Stitching everyone! 

No comments:

Post a Comment