Thursday, August 1, 2019

Happy Finishes

Summer is almost over. School starts soon. But, guess what? I have finished a lot of cross stitch projects. And now I am ready to show them off all to you. It feels good to have some accomplishments done. 


I stitched this "apple" last May for T's kindergarten teacher, Mrs. Smith. It was for "Teacher's day" and she loves her so much. She looks up to her. Thanks to Mrs. Smith and her school days were a fun learning experience. 


To make it personal, T wrote a little thank you note on the back of the canvas. I found the cross stitch pattern from an old "Cross Stitcher" magazine. It was a quick and fun stitch.


This other piece took time to stitch but the outcome made me so happy. I found the pattern from The World of Cross Stitching magazine. It was not a sampler but a big floral project. I simply added "Lilyana's" name to make it personal. I chose this project because our little Lily needs some of her namesake flowers inside her nursery. A permanent one at this. I used a dyed evenweave linen and DMC threads. 


I picked a beautiful gold frame to go with the piece. I framed it myself. It was a birthday gift for her 1st birthday. She is an added princess in my list. I am so glad my friend loves it. 


This charming piece is called "Animal ABC". I found the pattern from Margaret Sherry book. I used an evenweave linen and DMC threads. I started this piece when T started kindergarten. It was an on and off stitching process. I finished it this summer. It was supposed to be a graduation present for T. She knows about the project. The fun part was, she was checking on my progress by asking me what letter I am on that day. My little one loves every animals. To stitch it into a letter makes it a fun learning experience for her. 


I haven't framed it yet. Once it is framed, she wants it hanged in her bedroom. 






I found the pattern from this book. We will miss Margaret Sherry. She was a great artist. And her patterns make stitching so much fun. They released another book of her and I cannot wait to have it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment