Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Flowers Around Me

Because I love tidiness on everything I walk into or touch on, I wanted my home and yard clean and smelling fresh. So every weekend, I clean the house while Travis cleans the yard. Chores are scheduled so that it won't be strenuous for both of us. After all, it's a weekend! Because of spring, we added some yard work for Travis' garden and my porch. But for now, I will be showing you some of the flowers that are blooming in our yard and porch. I am so glad that the storm that just passed didn't ruin them at all.

Wild flowers are everywhere in Texas especially by the highway. The sight of them eases the tension for drivers and gives a smile on the passengers especially me. Weeks ago we passed by Denison Dam to show our house guests from Georgia the beauty of it. Unluckily, because of the strong wind we can not stay long so I was able to take only this photo.





 They are so lovely in purple colors... There were also pink, red... and of course, the pride of Texas, blue bonnets! Sorry I wasn't able to take any photo of them. But they are lovelier than any photos from the magazines. 

At home, we have our own wildflowers too. And they are centuries old!



Our very own honeysuckle. I never thought they will bloom like this. And the smell!!!... such fragrance. Travis is now trying to make some scent out of their juices for candles. I hope he can because I love their smell. 





On our driveway you can see these mermaid's tears flowers. I have no idea why it's named so sad. But they are really pretty too (didn't see any fin!). Too bad we have no neighbors to adore them. 






 I guess you remember when I showed you the first bloom of spring in our yard. And yes, it didn't fail me. Our wild rose bush kept on flourishing. And I really love her delicate pinkish color. Didn't you notice that I am actually surrounded by pink flowers? I guess Grandpa Sherman knew I was coming to live here. Thanks to him. 

I wish I would be able to grow my new potted flowers too. They were carefully selected so that they can attract more butterflies and give more radiance in my small world. 





The tickled pink was the first one that caught my eye because it looks so cute and small but the flowers can be amazing. Of course, who will forget Hibiscus? Not me! I love tropical flowers so much! Grandma chose these red verbena. She said they attract butterflies. They will be on the pots for a few more weeks so that they can adapt my nurturing. 






My flowers are not complete without the snapdragons. Aren't they outstanding? Too bad I can't find other colors. I need to go back to Home Depot to make sure there are more coming. I so love the yellow one. 






To further beautify the old front porch, we got some hanging plants or flowers. Another verbena for the butterflies. And an exotic Impatient flowers too.




Who says you don't need a flower in your work room? What better choice than an orchid. So I got a hardy orchid. A purple one! To vanquish my lapsed of boredom I guess. 

Uh uh! I still need more snapdragons and the Texas yellow rose. Wish me luck! 

You don't need fancy potted flowers to start with. There are a lot of flowers around us  for free that are an exotic beauty to behold (just make sure the cops are not around). 

Sniff the flowers everyone!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment