Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Start of My Holiday Season

Life should be celebrated whichever way you want it to be. I want mine with my husband and our families. Birthdays are like Christmas. We can only give... and if we receive something back that's rewarding. Last Sunday was the beginning of Advent and since then I have been happier because I know I am going to make other people happy too especially the people I wanted to celebrate my life with. It is the season of Giving. 

Mr. D started giving away something for me. Last night he gave away his precious TIME. It's not that we are not together often... it's the way he gave it to me. Straight from work and tired, he drove me to town to view the Holiday Lights. He knows I love Christmas lights so much. It was a surprise. I know, I know... I'm a lucky wife. 


Hmmm... I hope even though I'm on my 30s now, my name is still on the list. I have been good Santa. Really I am! 

The joy of celebration involves intense preparation. And I am already stressed out. I still have a lot of stitching work to finish. I even postponed my holiday projects on my Etsy shop. If it involves needle and threads, I'm already happy and contented amidst deadlines. With respect to my clients, I have already shipped all my orders. So nothing to worry on that. 


This is the photo of my on-going project for the Tanners. I'm almost done. Just few more specialty stitches to add then it's ready to be rolled and wrapped. I have been rotating this project with another one. 


This project is for my current Round Robin. It's for Janet from Arizona. Her theme is floral and I chose to stitch a rose designed by Joan Elliott. It's almost done also. Just a few backstitching and french knots left. 

One of my Christmas gifts to myself is a subscription of cross stitch magazines. I started with Just Cross Stitch. Wow! After a few days, they sent me an awesome special issue magazine. 


Isn't it cool? Well, I love it. I only flipped the pages because I don't have reading time for now. And the designs are gorgeous and unique. I can only stitch one ornament for my 1 year old tree. 

I also subscribed for Cross Stitch Card Shop magazine. I still need 4 more subscriptions and Santa knows it, it's in my list. I won't be asking for some designer shoes and bags this time. It would be perfect to start the year with new subscriptions of your favourite hobby. 

Geez, tomorrow is the first day of December. 

2 comments:

  1. What a romantic date with your husband!!
    I love Christmas lights too, well, I need to ask my husband to drive me around if I really want to see the lights...lol

    I'm your new follower from Etsy team Bloggers and Readers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I checked on your blog and love your Christmas tree. I hope to see you around. :) I'm a your new follower too. LOL!

    ReplyDelete