Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Just chilling....

"It's a Wonderful Life", my new journal peeked. It helps a lot! It gives joy in my heart and smile on my face. 


Just like this butterfly. There are three of them playing and eating around my golden lantanas. I have been reading and lazing around the whole day inside my craft room. And these beautiful fairies are beckoning me to take their photos and enjoy the sun. While writing this blog, I can still see them outside my window. Are they telling me that it's never enough? That life needs to be fed constantly.... with sweetness, patience and love.

Understandably, we are no machines. We just don't need oil for maintenance. We need to rest and play too! And I'm doing just that. I have this weakness of pushing so hard to finish a goal.... even without sleep or water. Now, I'm learning from mistakes. Take a break or you won't reach your goal. 


Last week, I was able to post new items in my Etsy shop. 


It's called Christmas Flower. A tea light holder for Christmas season.  It will be an attractive piece on a buffet table, a dining table, or even a coffee table. It was my first time to stitch on an Aida band. And it was a rewarding experience which means I'm doing it again and again. 

In line with my shop, I was able to finish another Fairy ABC order.

Everybody just loves Bella! I'll be working on another order for the same client. She is just so sweet! 

Didn't I mention that I joined a Worldwide Round Robin? Well, I did! I'm ecstatic about it! 



This is my 100x100 fabric. All done and ready for my first square. Thanks to a new-found friend and I got invited to join. It will be my first. My theme is "Spirit of Christmas". I used a single heart and stitched it in the middle because for me the spirit of Christmas starts from one's heart. The borders that I used are from Sue Cook's Christmas Cross Stitch Collection. I'm going to use another chart from that book for my first square. Yesterday, I met my group members. They are all so sweet, helpful and excited. They are from South Africa, Canada, and Michigan. Cool! 

See...  isn't Life so wonderful? I guess I'm not alone on this. Smile everyone. There's always a butterfly outside your windows or on your shoulders.

No comments:

Post a Comment